View Single Post
Old 12-28-2002, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default FREE EBAY LISTING DAY

Posted By: Hankron

A lot of people have said that eBay should only allow trading cards in the trading card section, but I don't think that would be desirable and would have problems. This obviously has to do with AAA. The problem is that I can image many non-card items that fit well into the trading cards, including pins and silks and the Fans for a Fan. I think Mickey Mantle's Topps contract would fit well in the category, as would cigarette packs and Topps advertising posters. A book about the history of Topps would fit in well.

Also there is the impossible (I repeat, impossible)issue about what is and what is not a card. Is a Darby a card? Many King Kelly Cabinet Cards, which would fit well in the card category, aren't trading cards. I bet some people on this board would call a Fatima Premium and others would not. I know some on this board who say an Old Judge Cabinet Card is not a trading card. Is a Topps insert decal or stamp a card? How about a T206 proof? Let's have a vote on whether or not that 1863 Hoboken Harry Wright ticket is a trading card?