Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

So, this is gonna be a weird post coming from me, and if it rubs anyone the wrong way (including you, Leon), then I apologize and feel free to banish it to the forbidden closet of mysteries.

Starting on November 14, SCP's Fall 2012 auction will be open for bidding. In that group of wonderful pieces, one of my paintings is featured in lot #691. Here's the page:

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/LotDe...RAIG-KREINDLER

Anywho, the painting was put into the ring by one of our clients, a move that was/is in no way associated with us (my agent and myself). It was something that I imagined could happen at some point, and frankly still elicits some mixed feelings on my end. But that's neither here nor there.

Regardless, I have absolutely NO idea what the painting will go for in the end, or whether there's a reserve or anything like that. But, at a starting bid of $300, and at that size (34" x 22"), I thought it might be a nice opportunity for any of you who may have an interest in my work or DiMaggio specifically.

For those of you who are indeed interested in bidding, I can provide you with the retail value of the painting, if you'd like . The only reason I'm alright in doing so is because my paintings - when they come from us - are always priced out by size, not by player. So in other words, a 16" x 20" of Billy Martin will cost the same as a 16" x 20" of Babe Ruth.

Anywho, again, if this post seems off or even uncalled for, I apologize.

If you have any questions about the painting that don't involve the auction process, feel free to contact me!

Thanks,

Graig