View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default update....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M's_Fan View Post
My comments/suggestions:
  • At least just under the "Year and Manufacturer" category, go auctions only! This is a must as eBay BIN listings are a no-longer funny graveyard of overpriced cards. But when someone selects to filter results by seller, grade, or price, then it makes sense to have BIN listings too.
  • Keep it to just PSA and SGC. Beyond that it is a slippery slope to who knows what graded company, and by keeping out raw cards you keep out the huge load of reprints on eBay.
  • Refine the eBay filter by selecting "Cards" > "Baseball" > "Pre-WWII". For example, if you view by grade it shows 205 cards graded PSA 10. But if you filter it as Cards/Baseball/Pre-WWII, then it shows only 11 results, a big difference! It was showing all sorts of modern and non-baseball cards before the results were filtered.

Also, why are there multiple T205 categories?
We believe we have the Internet Explorer issue worked out and have re-implemented the Net54baseball links feature to Ebay and Grand Slam Bids. I will address a few of the issues here but most fixes, if there are any, will have to be done in the near future (maybe a month or so, with the holidays and all).

I doubt we will have a feature that will rule out everything but auctions. It is one click when you go to the links and it's already there and done on ebay, and GSB. There is some serious programming time to be spent to make changes and we have to prioritize. I would imagine, with the function already on both sites, it won't be a high priority. We might address it in the future though.

As mentioned we will have Beckett as a grader in the future, to be able to be clicked on. Our partner had written the code and it wasn't coded in, much before Net54 came into the picture. Beckett is a strong supporter of Net54baseball and one of the best grading companies in business. They will be included in the future, I am sure.

There is a reason for the results of cards, ie...T205, T206 etc...that might be duplicated. It has to do with the way the cards are listed on the site(s). When we looked at the duplicate T205, T205 is showing up twice because Memory Lane listed all their T205's in category 217, which is Sports - Other, instead of baseball. That is the way it came out in the algorithm with our links. Our software is grouped first by ebay category, and then by year and manufacturer. Unfortunately, if a seller lists cards in the wrong category, and lists a sufficient number of them such that it shows up on our top 60 list, it will show up twice. If you mouseover the link, you will see the category number in there is different - 213 (BB) for the first set of T205s and 217 (other) for the second set. (this data was from a week or so ago)

I hope these things address a few of the concerns. I know I didn't address them all so please continue to give feedback. We hope to make the experience of the links seamless and enjoyable. We can't make it better if we don't know what you want. IF enough members use it then we will continually improve it. regards

Last edited by Leon; 12-16-2010 at 06:21 PM.