View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Fred

My 2 cents - I really don't like reprints. However, if the cards are marked as REPRINTS I wouldn't mind them being sold but only if RESTRICTED to a category called REPRINTS/REPRODUCTIONS.

Fleabay should take a more active approach to clean up their on-line auction business and reduce the number of scammers out there. If the seller isn't willing to call the card original and make a full refund (including shipping costs) then they shouldn't be selling their cards through the ebay portal.

I'm surprised a class action suit hasn't been presented against ebay because of they have allowed (for a very long time now) scammers to take advantage of the buying public via their internet portal. Fleabay can clean things up if they choose to do so. I'm not advocating that they hire a full time monitor that does nothing but get rid of reprints (although that'd be nice), all I think they should do is tighten the rules on the sellers to rid the site of those a-holes that are looking to scam people. That crap about, I don't know if it's real or not needs to "go away".

Edited to add the following:

I wonder how much a law firm could make off a $20 million+ class action law suit against ebay? We, the people, would get screwed in a settlement but I have to figure the lawfirm could make bank.

Last edited by Fred; 01-20-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Edited to add the following: