View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 09:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I still don't like the color of the borders on the Ruth, or the coloring on the Gehrig, but hopefully I am wrong. As I said before, I am not 100% either way. These scans help and I am closer to them being legit...just not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlenane View Post
Regardless its been super fun going through this - i will also say this - Ive been able to verify the my "wifes' uncle" thing. There is a very old man that died who has the same last name and was born in that area - and there are pictures of him at Guaducanal in this scrapbook (which im going to try to send back) There are a bunch of photos of him from the 30s and newspaper articles from the era. So at the very least - I know this seller isnt trying to scam anyone. They could be super old reprints or the real deal - they are all beat up but i dont really mind it. Here are two more interesting factors that i noticed - though im not totally sure what they mean:

1. You can see the red goudey overprint through the Gehrig back
2. They were not printed with any kind of modern printer (no dot matrix just the color on card texture
3. The stamp looks like it was done differently and has no discernable break pattern at 1200 DPI on both the Gehrig and Ruth.

Sorry to drag this out - but im having so much fun doing my Forensic Files (which incidentally I used to work on...)

Attachment 366406

Attachment 366407

Attachment 366408