View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I have sent thousands of graded cards using bubble mailers and had only 1 damaged card. I've also used boxes and had a graded card damaged when something very heavy was dropped on it somewhere along the route.

Regardless of how the card was sent, if it arrives damaged then the seller is responsible. That is why they should be taking insurance.
Send it back and make sure that you follow eBay's instructions. eBay will make sure that you get your refund.
Same here. Hundreds of graded cards shipped with cardboard on each side in bubble envelopes. Not a single damaged card. I do take on the extra expense and typically send $100+ cards in a small rate priority mail box...also with cardboard and extra bubble wrap. The only "damaged" claim I got was from a guy who I believe was cherry picking a group of cards that I sent. Packed in a cardboard box tightly, then that box inside a medium flat rate box with lots of packing peanuts. How only 2-3 of the cards could have arrived with "cloudy" edges to the cases is nearly impossible.
Anyhow, you should have no problem getting your refund and as others have said, it should not be your responsibility or your dime to pay to have it reholdered.