View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
My first thought is how great nine blankets from the same team would look if laid out in the shape of a diamond. If it was eight or ten, it wouldn't work, but nine is the prefect number.

I looked at the Tigers checklist, and it's really an odd assortment of players. The only pitcher included is Harry Coveleski, who was in the minors in 1913, but who unexpectedly emerged as a star in 1914. So the blankets must have come out well into the season. But that doesn't explain why there are two players who were only in one game each in early 1914 before they were traded. And many of the team's stars are missing, like Sam Crawford.

As for your display, I have two displays of baseball silks, and I'm always concerned about light fading them, so I keep the room dark most of the time, and I paid for the right kind of glass that minimizes fading. So far, I haven't had a problem, but I believe blankets are particularly vulnerable to light — I've seen some very faded blankets over the years.
I'd love to see how you framed your silks.....any and all ideas for future reference is appreciated. Plus it's cool to see what other have on this board. All items I have framed are purchased with UV glass and always acid free backing/matting. My room is a basement with one small frosted glass window, so no sun thank God!