View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 08:13 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I was shocked by how high the Sociedade Ruth/Cobb card went even though that's the only known copy that I know of. That was one of the cards I was really going to try to win but it blew past my budget.

On the other hand I thought some Ruth cards went for very reasonable prices where I should have bid more such as the Drake Ruth. However I was going for a lot of other cards in the auction and in extended was the high bidder on a few and was over my budget by a crazy amount so let those cards go. Of course I ended up getting outgunned on most of those cards so I wish I could have looped around and bid on those.

Struck out on all of the Heading Home Ruth's and I really wanted to just pick up one more for my collection. Like above some that were cheap going into extended ended up at much higher prices than those that closed early at "high" prices. I wish I could have looped back again.

I think the t209 Thompson went fair or even low. I think that is a really cool card whose popularity extends beyond set collectors. I wanted it but was something like the second or third underbidder. Story of my auction but wished I could've placed another bid or two there.

I did win some stuff highlighted by the Pathe Freres Ruth which is a strong upgrade to my current one. I thought that went for a very fair price given what the other lots were going for. Very happy with that card.

Last edited by glchen; 08-14-2015 at 08:27 AM.