View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:59 PM

We enjoyed the 1987 Topps Mini Leaders so much, I started looking for more similar ones.

I ended up being able to buy 4 boxes of 1986 Topps Mini Leaders for only $22.45 delivered.

That's 36 packs per box, 6 cards per pack. 144 packs, 864 cards.

These were a lot of fun! The smaller sets are definitely the way to go for us. My son has had a blast opening the packs, sorting down by 10's, and then to individual cards.

Some of the cards had dinged corners and won't be resold (my son kept most of them for his collection, so he can sort, resort, leave them on the floor, etc...you know, kid stuff!)

We got pretty solid collation here, I think. We got 7 complete sets, plus are only 5 cards short of 2 more sets.

I've listed the 7 complete sets on eBay, and will likely list a few of the dups in lots, as well. I'm not sure what'll sell, but since I'm only out $22.45 for this lot, I'm not too worried, and it's been fun.

Each pack had a "Win a Trip to Spring Training 1987" card included. If we fill them all out, I like our changes.

So, small sets, and multiple boxes seem to be our sweet spot.

Also, after sorting these cards, we invested in a couple of 10-slot sorting boxes to make the process easier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 86_tm_a.jpg (77.4 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg 86_tm_b.jpg (44.0 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg 86_tm_c.jpg (52.9 KB, 358 views)