View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 04:24 PM
kirk welch

Quote:
Originally Posted by djson1 View Post
You may be right about some of the things you said. But there's nothing wrong with the "crusaders" that drive many of the discussions on here. At least there are folks out there that try to help the less-knowledgeable and give their opinions without collecting a dime. I agree that many of the TPAs and the authenticators are moving targets on here, but let's face it...they make a lot of money doing something that is questionable and many of the certs out there are VERY questionable on many items. So, I don't feel sorry for them. This hobby is full of the worst POS's there can be, and so many of the crusaders' methods can be pretty viscous when they attack somebody, but I think that's because many of us collectors have been burned at least several times in our past and everyone is guilty until proven innocent.

By the way, I think I have bought items from you before (mostly FDCs)...you have a great inventory!
thanks i look forward to seeing you back email if you need anything , it is a slippery slope , for what the tpa miss and dont know i read here all the time and the opinions that people inject are way worse, in my opinion, for example i read a thread on wayne stivers and how all chimed in what a good guy and good stuff he had and on and on , and anybody who knows anything about this stuff , i mean pre psa jsa or whatever knows if he had a good autograph it may have been by accident. so all chime in and say if it has his cert it is good as gold , this is way more dangerous than people think. i just had to say something then some guys who actually know said yeah his stuff was bogus . if people would just try and learn some of this stuff on their own , use some common sense , use known tpa examples , google stuff , start a file of signatures , people do not see what jsa and psa/dna have when they cert stuff , both have a file with hundreds or more of almost anybody ranked in year order they have clubhouse exemplars , wives , secretarials , fakes . that alone is way more than 99.99% of anybody including me can pull out when offering a opinion, yes they get paid but until you sit around and watch lets say jsa cert stuff people have no clue , sure they thumb through bench seaver unitas etc, you throw in roger maris it is looked at to make sure it is live ink, photograhed and sent to at least 3 people and scored , then it still has to pass big jim , if they are wrong after that then it is wrong. something special fails and it is photographed and added to a file , and this is why these boards can be dangerous on this subject because most people have no clue coming here asking stuff and they just see what a trainwreck all the tpa are , and that wayne stivers certs are a gold mine and never even make a effort to understand what they are buying , heck that should be one of the finer points of their hobby , bottom line know what you are buying and selling and stop just falling back on certs