View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Piggybacking on this, you might want to consider strictly team sets of your favorite team from each year.
^^This.... I completed a t205-t207 Reds subset and had a blast doing it. Finished out the 33-34 Goudeys recently and have slowly started working on caramel cards. Due to the history and them being my hometown team even the commons are fun to collect. I'm also working on the complete T205 set but it isn't nearly as fun. Am considering a mid 50's Topps set that is manageable (200-300 cards) but it's hard to get excited about the commons. At least with prewar you get to collect a bunch of characters. All one has to do is look at the stories of people like Larry McLean (Died in a barfight) or Bugs Raymond (quit during the end of a season to become a bartender) to get a kick out of collecting anyone from that era. Would love to do a junk wax set of autos at some point. Have seen others collect sets like 87 Topps autos and it seems like a good challenge and the cards are actually really good looking with the sigs.