Thread: Remorse
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 09:45 AM
Arnie

I experience STUPIDITY remorse, or LACK OF FORESIGHT remorse I guess.

Back in the early to mid 80's I had a lot of basketball, football, and ice hockey cards and it was thought that back then they would never be collectible like baseball cards and never have much value. I sold some real cheap, threw some away, and I am talking stuff that would have a ton of value today. Also did that with some baseball cards more recently that would have had a lot of value too.

How about CONDITION remorse too. When I first got into collecting around 1979 I was "mentored" by a friend who had very little money and he brainwashed me into his way of thinking which was "Why buy a card in mint condition when you can save a fortune by buying one in bad condition since the big thing is to own a card of that person". This was at a time I was fine financially and cards were cheaper anyway and I could have been buying Mantles and so on in mint condition, and it never hit me that he was like that because he had no money, so I could have had a collection worth a fortune today, but no............

Oh well, I cant change the past, and now that I know better its too late as most of my buying days are over as I am a really old fart now!!!