Thread: Remorse
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Shain

#1, 2 & 3 big time for me regarding buyers remorse!! Beginning around July 2018, I began compulsively buying up cards in a frenzy. I had saved up a good chunk of money over the years and figured I never treat myself so why not build a collection now, something I always dreamed of as a poor kid? But little did I know what started off with a 1941 Play Ball Dimaggio and Teddy ball game, would eventually lead into me buying most of the 1941 play ball set, many 1948 Bowmans, then many 1952 Topps, then numerous vintage HOF rookie cards

After buying a ton of cards I finally learned about vintagecardprices.com and realised I had wayyyyyy over paid for many of my cards, with respect to the VCP price gauge. Not to mention I was buying the grade, not the card (centering, corners, buying BVG instead of PSA or SGC). I exhausted most of my savings. Took a couple months off, built a little savings back up, then dove in head first harder than ever LOL!

Bought a 1952 Topps Mantle PSA 2, a 33 Goudey Ruth & Gehrig. Then decided to sell a lot of cards I had previously bought to UPGRADE to higher quality/grades of the same cards, now that I knew more about the quality of the cards.

I'm now sitting on a hell of a collection, by my standards, valued well over $60K. MOST HOF rookie cards from 1948 to now I own and in PSA 5 or higher. Despite all this urge to own these cards, I sometimes wonder should I sell the whole lot and put that money back in the bank? What if this market crashes and I completely lose my tail here?! But another part of says to just hold on them, keep them in the safe deposit box until I hit my 60's and who knows, maybe they'll be worth even more and can help my family or help me retire. If we could only see the future!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk