View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default The 19th Century: Is it available for $100 or less???

Posted By: Tom Hines

Jason,
I am not the "know all" here but I can give you some examples from my own experience as a team collector. I collect only Cincinnati cards and the 19th century stuff is my favorite. The N172 Old Judges can vary quite drastically in price. I have picked up several g-vg cards lately on the B/S/T and ebay and the average price seems to work out to $150-$250 each. Of course rarity and interest play a lot into it so there is no "one" set price for any of it. Other issues usually get a premium. The N300 Mayo Cut Plugs can run about $175 (on a great day) to $500 for some g-vg cards. The real "key" to it is patientce. The cards will show up (well unless you are looking for an N172 Anson in uniform). If you are set on staying in the $100 or less range you are going to find a few (and I mean a very few) cards in the p-g range that might go for that little (I have seen and sold some N172's in poor condition for $55-$85 each).
I am sure there will be others to chime in here but these prices are from most of my recent findings (within the last year I have sold over 30 N172's and 10 N300's and purchased 8 N172's and 15 N300's). Hope this helps.

Tom