View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 04:21 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Oh boy.....

.......This is a sad day for the hobby but a momentus day for Jim. Thank you for the Papa Hemingway quote as it does ease the blow out here. I thank Jim for all of the in depth and insightful conversations over the years. And of course the
grand items that fit into my collection. Jim....about a year ago I asked you if you were mentoring some "Young Blood" to pick up the reins someday....you said "No".......so be it. You left your mark on the hobby and will always be referred to in hushed tones of respect. I'm still in possession of your printed catalogs...good stuff. I still have my Raymond "Slim" Caldwell GPC and when my heirs dispose of my treasures ...they will be told to "Pedigree" the stuff you sent me. We still have Richard Simon as a trusted & knowledgeable source. But still sad to see you move on and I wish you the best in retirement!! Do you have any good trout fishing opportunities in Utah???? Hey....my 2cents...drift a worm and take your limit home to feed the family. We will miss you
Sincerely, Dennis