View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 06:24 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmvorce View Post
With the arrival of #6, AL HR Leaders, 1968 is complete. Bob Gibson gets the binder spine slot. 10 favorite cards in the set: Ryan / Koos rookie an obvious choice despite it being a duel player rookie card, which I hate. Seaver and Carew rookie cups are classic. Love that Yaz pose. Gibson looking Gibson-esque. McCarver looking like the epitome of the wholesome 60s ballplayer. Ricketts looking like the epitome of the 60s in those glasses. Etch looking like I don’t know what - maybe someone grandfather playing catcher? Love the blacked out hats on the A’s to block out KC. And B Rob and F Rob on the same card is classic - these duel player cards I do like.

Now to focus on 67 - which I’ve been making great progress on in no small part to many people on Net54.
This may be a dumb question, but are those custom binders? And the pocket on the spine? Do you put a real card in there? If so, is it a duplicate with one in its appropriate slot in the set? Or some kind of copy?

I am not a set collector per se, but have 1975 and 1980 sets. Am constantly upgrading my 1975 to NMMT. And have about 3500 1980's that includes 2 full sets and most of a 3rd. Occasionally, I'll get them all out and go through to make sure I have best of all options in set 1, next best in set 2, etc. I'm around #150-175 on that project, so a long way to go. When done, I'll have legit, centered NM - NMMT 1st set with a solid EXMT or better 2nd. None are in binders yet.