View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Ted, all true 100 times over. We lived in Montclair for 25 years. Met Yogi and Carmen at many charitable events. The nicest people you would ever met. And Dale and other son (name slipping my mind) is a great guy too. They said yes to every charity in town. Many times over. Never said no to any local charity that I ever heard of. I have some great Yogi signed Christmas ornaments I will always cherish. Really nice people. Rumor was for many year they handed our signed baseball cards on Halloween.

First year we lived in town a local charity had as an auction item "watch a world series game with Yogi and 20 of your closest friends" at the theatre at his museum. Still kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing that. Sure at the time the price was some outrageous amount like $2000. Uggh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
If I had the power to turn back time (to 4 years ago), my most beloved living legend is Yogi Berra.

My Daughter Debbie lived in Montclair, NJ on the same street (4 houses away) as did the Berra Family. We met Yogi and his wife, Carmen, several times.
They were the most delightful people that you would ever meet and have a conversation with.

1947 Bond Bread …………………………………………….….. 2012 Cooperstown

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-12-2019 at 06:20 PM.