View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks man....Yeah, I am keen on the one way exit doors and the odor causing solutions. I also thought about just putting my water hose in there and let it go....I don't really want to kill it/them as I am an animal lover. It isn't the skunk's fault our neighbors take away ALL of their places to live. Our country street looks more and more like the city every day and it sucks. Thanks again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58pinson View Post
If you've searched it on line you'll probably have seen all these, but here's my experience:
1- Have-a Heart traps are great for something like a squirrel, but larger animals like ground hogs or a critter with the smell of a skunk not so much.

2- One way exit tunnels seem to work for getting them out. Leave them only one exit by blocking any back doors (usually with wire mesh). They only have one way out and the tunnel's one way flanges don't allow re-entry.

3- At the risk of being off color I've personally found that straight human urine is not something any of these animals are fond of. I actually had a ground hog who redug a hole after being tunneled out and would not be deterred by used cat liter, hot pepper flakes or any of the other homespun remedies. He went vamoose in a hurry when I started pouring McDonald's soda cups full of the above right down his entranceway.

4- I've found any kind of pest control services to be exorbitantly expensive and not worried too much about solving the problem.

Good luck!