View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Default 1954 SI Versus Reprint

Posted By: Cy

David,

If you are a writer, then you are an educator. As an educator myself, I am dismayed that you ridicule people who have not learned from you or haven't decided to learn from you. One of the early lessons an educator should understand is that once you humiliate a student, you have lost that student.

The question you must now consider is are you a writer/educator or are you just someone who likes to flaunt his knowledge. I hope you decide to become the former. You must realize that not everyone may possess the passion that you have in your particular field. However, he/she may change his/her mind in the future. And it would be refreshing to know that you will still be there, regardless of when this student decides that it is time to learn the skills you have acquired. You will be willing and eager to shower this student with your expertise, rather than ridicule because he/she has waited until then to decide to learn. Because by doing this, you will not only educate but you will also grow in your own right. And isn't this the type of result that you truly wished for when you originally wrote the article?

Sincerely,

Cy