View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Craig Vogl

Default Babe Ruth story

Thanks for moving this to the right section, sorry I put it in the wrong place. Thought I would share the story of the Ruth I was told at the 96 National. I bought this from Rich Altman (who still operates Hollywood Collectibles and is considered by some to be a top 10 dealer). Here's what he told me back then. You will notice the looping ink mark through the Babe's signature. The Ruth signature was in an old flip up notebook pad along with several other signatures. The owner (not Rich) had it with him when he got an autograph from Jackie Smith (the football TE best known for dropping the Cowboy pass in the Super Bowl). Instead of signing at the bottom in the open space he wrote lengthwise across the page ruining several signatures along with the Ruth. Don't know about the if you think ads more or less credibility or not. But I thought it did and I got a discounted Ruth auto as a result. So does any of that make a difference or do i just have a good story. I am appreciating your help, Thanks.