View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Default warning: obnoxious jerk ahead

Posted By: warshawlaw 

I just had one of the less pleasant experiences of my career with a relatively new seller on eBay and wanted to share the experience with you. The guy's eBay name is "jao614@aol.com". I bought a high end card from him in an auction that closed Monday night. I got an automated Paypal notice with its usual incomplete info. Yesterday evening I got the seller's first actual email with his address. NINE HOURS LATER I got the following gem:

"You won my auction ending 7-15. I have yet to hear from you, or even get a response to email. My auction rules clearly state, in bold, large, red letters, I must be contacted within 24 hours. You have already chosen to ignore this. You have until 5 PM EST 7-17 to contact me via email or telephone to make payment arrangements to honor your legally binding bid. Failure to do so will cause your bid to be rescinded Further, on 7-22 I will file non pay bidder, on 8-2 I will follow up with final value credit ( three of these and eBay suspends you ), after which I will leave negative feedback. I suggest you reread my auction rules clearly posted. If you do not agree with the rules you should not have bid. Thank you for your time and attention in this matter."

What makes it doubly fun is that this guiy cc'd like five other ebay members with his note to me--he must have this mailer set for automated dispatch to anyone who wins an auction from him and does not pay via paypal within 24 hours of the close of the auction. So, I am now a "bad bidder" in the eyes of a bunch of strangers.

I WILL be leaving him a nice, fat negative feedback, since my rating is six times his. I also sent an email to every person on that cc list asking them to do the same.

To top it all off, he wants $7 to ship one card, PLUS $6 more for insurance. In all fairness, he did state his extortionate shipping terms in the auction, so I underbid accordingly. All I can say is that for that much vig, the card better arrive wrapped for Armageddon and fully insured.

BTW, this guy's corporate name on Paypal is "Frustrated, Incorporated" so you can only imagine what dank portion of the world he crawled out of.