View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 07:48 AM
Arthur R!ch

Anything on the back?

I'm actually in the process of cataloging all of the Renata Galasso sets, something that's proving to be a much larger project than I anticipated. I've noticed two things so far about all of their sets: 1.) they took a certain amount of pride in the quality of the product they were producing, and 2.) they made sure to identify the sets as a Renata Galasso product somehow (RGI, typically).

This roject has led me down an oddball baseball card set wormhole that has been rather enlightening. There must be hundreds of baseball card sets from the 1970s/early-1980s that are one-offs -- regional, local, businesses, card shows, non-profits, organizations, you name it. There's no end to them. Many of them depict players from the past, be it greats of the local team or all-timers.

Very rarely do they have blank backs. If they do, they're usually marked on the front with identifiers for who and why they were produced. I'm guessing by your post that these cards are blank-backed. Judging from the quality of the images and the type font (and the lack of promotional material) I'd bet these are not Renata Galasso. She was a great showlady and knew how to market her business.

Perhaps we'll be able to find a common thread amongst the players and that will help narrow down the possibilities.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx