View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 04:49 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

In theory I don’t think it’s a bad concept. Not every 5 is the same not every 6 is the same etc. I see people on eBay and on BST say their cards are undergraded. So if you don’t want to regrade here is the alternative. My question is how is the sticker determined. Does the company have flaw preferences? Does a card that is centered get a sticker despite having dinged corners and a small wrinkle versus an oc card that has nicer corners and no wrinkles?

The other thing I’ll say is I don’t think this works as a mail in service. I mail in 10 cards I feel are undergraded and get 3 stickers. So I pay $50 for these 3 stickers. Plus shipping etc. seems to me this would work better as an in person service. Charge $1 or $2 for rejects and $5 for the sticker. Not sure if that is profitable enough. Plus you might get a lot of pissed off people who disagree with the rejection of their undergraded cards.

I don’t think I’d personally use the service but based on some of the complaints I see for TPGs I understand the concept.