View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 08:11 AM
Al

Default Closing Tonight - Love of the Game Auctions

Hi Everyone:

Just a quick note to remind you that tonight is the closing night for Love of the Game Auctions' Summer auction.

There's a lot of great memorabilia in this auction, so in case you missed it, I wanted to point out a few choice lots that might interest some of you.

Lot #1: Don Zimmer's 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers World Series Ring. Player rings from the 1955 Dodgers don't make themselves available often, much less someone as beloved as Zim.

Lot #2: Gil Hodges' 1959 Gold Glove award - the first time this piece has ever been auctioned, a fantastic piece from one of the best players currently NOT in the Hall.

Lot #7: 1944 Connie Mack 50th Anniversary Multi-Signed Baseball - everyone but Cobb and Cochrane (who were not at the ceremony) from Connie Mack's 50th Anniversary celebration, including Wagner and Ruth all alone, on the same panel.

Lot #150 and 151: a couple of great 19th Century scorecards, including this 1880s Wright & Ditson piece with Cap Anson and King Kelly, and this 1889 "Base Ball at Music Hall" scorecard from one of the game's first "radio" broadcasts.

Lot #265: Fantastic 1896 Boston Beaneaters ticket book - a great piece from a team that featured multiple HOFers.

Lot #348: This is probably my favorite item in the auction - it's a lifetime National League pass given to NASA astronaut Dick Gordon in 1965. At the opening of the Astrodome, the league gave passes to all the Apollo astronauts. This is one of them, one of just 24 such passes ever made. I don't ever remember seeing one of these come up for auction before.

The auction has our largest-ever selection of tickets, including a host of World Series deciding games, All-Star games, Whitey Ford World Series wins, and important World Series games (like Willie Mays' "catch," Babe Ruth's called shot, Mickey Owen's dropped third strike, the Billy Goat Curse game and more).

Plus there's a ton of other memorabilia, Type 1 photos, autographs, and of course, cards.

Extended bidding begins at 2AM. Please have a look if you're interested.

Thanks, and good luck!

-Al