View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 AM
Ed
Ed DeS.erio

Default Altering Photos on Cards

So this was the first time cards were acquired from a particular seller. I always was curious about the advertising that they used and how every card they had was Near Mint or better. They sell everything from Common 1960s to Ty Cobbs. However, I needed to upgrade a few cards on my set registry which is why I had them purchased for me.

So 4 1948 Leaf Boxing cards were purchased which were advertised as near mint and near mint plus with great pictures and a blue background. The cards were timely received in the mail but had soft corners, chips on the border likely from a fingernail and two cards had ink stains on the cards. Clearly the auction doesn't state or show this as they are NRMT or NRMT+ with no marks whatsoever. All of these defects have all been photoshopped out. Pics of the ebay photos and actually cards for two of the cards that are very obvious.

As with these, this person is luring buyers with fancy language and altering the photos to make the cards appear to be NRMT/NRMT+. It doesn't seem like the first time that this buyer has had people question what they were really receiving. Most likely they too were actually receiving the same card but photos were being edited. This is a warning of what people do on ebay to sell something. Does anyone know how to alert ebay on this. Any help??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by ezez420; 04-17-2014 at 12:08 PM.