View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The stories behind the cards are often fascinating. When privileged to find an original/new to the hobby collection it is very exciting. Here is a Fatima-like postcard I am always on the hunt for more specimens of......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
Absolutely no apology necessary. I also get really philosophical when it comes to baseball cards and their history. They aren't just cardboard to me either, they are history and art among other things. For example, one set I have come to be drawn to is the 1910 Obak set. My maternal grandmother was born that year. It fascinates me to have a ball card that old. I think about all of the card's owners, where it has traveled over the years, etc. Living in Arkansas, I sometimes wonder if the Obaks that I buy from sellers on the west coast have ever traveled this far east in their 107 years of existence? With these cards, I find myself actually going back and looking at them even after I have had them for a while. That hasn't always been the case. I have been a checklist guy, but I will not again for these and the reasons you laid out.

You have a great collection. I want to work on T205s, Obaks, etc. the way you have on T206.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ptunc1911pinkertonbaker.jpg (73.1 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by Leon; 05-16-2017 at 07:44 AM.