View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 09:18 AM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default High resolution vs Low

Ron, I do believe you are referring to this "example" pic. This example pic falls under the criteria of post #1 of this thread. It does in fact have indentations (notch) on top and bottom of 3 and top of 2. The picture that Mears provided is ambiguous and distorted due to it being blown up version of a low resolution picture (IMO even though its a low resolution pic the notch can still be noted in that pic). Also the example pic that Mears provided does not even come close to the spacing issues noted in post #1 (spacing tween bottom of number and top of L in Lakers is always small to virtually none-again NO photos exist in Magic era to refute this). In addition the whole picture should have been included which will show Big Game James standing next to him with also a 42 font that follows criteria of post #1. Pics to follow. I have high resolution pics of this exact jersey from many different games including, I believe, the NBA Finals. Also the Wilt pic he provided is distorted and ambiguous and the spacing does not even come close to style matching to his example. That jersey also has the indentations (notch) per post #1. example pics to follow. I will go further, as stated before, that there is NO pics in existence of any players A-Z that exhibits letter fonts as those jerseys of the Wilt and Magic in question. Find me ONE quality pic of ANY player A-Z wearing that style of font (sand knit era font) and I will call it all good. BUT none exist! I have had discussions with equip mgrs. from both Tiernan era and Sand knit era. He stated that in tiernan era players were issued 2 homes and 2 roads and that was the stars! Lesser players were issued 1 home and 1 road as verified to me by player Clay Johnson. Magic played 7 years (79/80 to 85/86) wearing Tiernan and even if he was issued 4 home per season there should be ~28 legit home Magics-and that's being liberal b/c,as stated before, many years they were issued 2 homes and 2 roads. So NO WAY all these home lakers Magics could have been possibly have been worn. If you goggle the topic there is a multitude of these types (wrong font) of Tiernans from many different auctions. I have included in this post 2 other examples of questionable shirts with wrong letter fonts with the traits of washed out tiernan tag and which shows little wear to the letter and numbers with exception to the over-bleeding of the gold onto letters and numbers. It is my understanding that the late Bernard Tiernan sold many blank Lakers jerseys to whomever wanted them and many of these were added with the wrong font (sand knit era fonts)..many of these entered the hobby. These questionable Tiernan jerseys were offered and sold in great numbers in the 90s prior to advent of the internet. Thorough research was very tough task back then. Again pics are coming. I have been a collector of Lakers cards and game used jerseys for many many years. The education process for game worn Laker jerseys has been a expensive time consuming one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (65.4 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg aaaa 001.jpg (50.1 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg aaaa 003.jpg (46.2 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg ac 001.jpg (46.7 KB, 331 views)
File Type: jpg ac 003.jpg (42.7 KB, 333 views)

Last edited by mickeymao34; 02-19-2016 at 01:48 AM.