View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM

I'm not advocating anything or any company or any authentication process in this post, but no matter how ignorant one thinks are the buyers, if one completely ignores what they want one won't be a successful seller.

If you sit sit down and think about it, you're selling sports collectibles-- not too far removed from selling Beanie Babies and Barbie Dalls. It's not always so horrible to cater to some of want the buyers wants, even when you think the wants are useless or rather dumb. If the buyer wants some sparkly sprinkles in the packaging for her used Barbie Doll, it won't send you to Hell to put some sparkly sprinkles in the packaging.

And, no, I firmly believe items received should be as advertised, including the authenticity. I never suggested or implied anything other.

And do I disagree with some popular collecting 'rules' and auction industry conceits and am able to understand how someone else could have a serious bone to pick with TPAs or card grading? Sure. A few pop hobby rules make me roll my eyes to reach for the blood pressure medication.

And, for the record, I've never paid for a LOA or to have a card graded or anything to to a collectible encapsulated, laminated or hermetically boxed, bagged, fused or housed.

And if I sold Barbie Dolls and learned little girls like sparkly sprinkles in their packaging, I'd go right over to Rite Aid and by a bag of sparkly sprinkles.

I think some people on this board sometimes forget we're not talking about how to solve the Middle East Issue, we're talking about about kids collectibles that, technically, we should have lost interest in when we turned 14.

And, once again, I firmly believe that items should be correctly identified and described at sale, whether its a George Washington letter or a 1978 Topps George Brett or a Malibu Barbie party dress accessory. I never said or implied anything other.

Last edited by drc; 02-14-2013 at 01:35 PM.