View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 12:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
a few updates...

after texting w/ seller and entering into "aggressive" negotiations, it appears that he has notified other buyers of the issue. as it has come to my attention that the seller was notified that another card was a fake and i laid into him for not telling me that mine was fake. (i told him jan 26, there was a possible issue and that i had to send the card to psa).

so basically laid into him that he knew something fishy was transpiring and that he shoulda at least notified me that it was a probable fake instead of me waiting around on psa's verdict. his reply was that "he was hoping it was an isolated incident and that he was hoping for the best." completely wrong answer and excuse in my book.

he also stated that the bird/magic rookie was sent in as well however that it was legit. i have a call set up w/ joe o. on Monday afternoon and will inquire if there is any truth to this claim.

at this time, i do know that he did notify another unsuspecting buyer who has contacted me so it appears the negotiation tactics did work, but i still believe that it shouldn't have required a swift kick in the....

i am still working this to gauge and possibly gather any of the "consignees" contact info so that i can forward any info to psa/proper authorities.

at this point it's a delicate balance, but so far it seems he has at least notified 1 other seller after i told him to "wake the f up" and you need to notify any and everybody you sold these cards to...

whether or not joe can confirm if the bird/magic rc was legit will tell me all i need to know about whether this guy is in on it or simply a beautiful schmuck.

if he's in on it, may god help him....
I don't know if it's relevant to how PSA grades the 80 Topps but the perforations do not appear to me to be centered between the panels.