View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Default Mark Macrae's June 26th show.

Posted By: Julie Vognar

It's not in San Leandro--runs the length of Oakland, Berkeley, etc. through Richmond. Maybe even further. But not as far as San Leandro. High class restaurants, bars, antique stores, Good Vibrations and prostitutes--I can't tell prostitutes from ordinary girls for the most part. In Paris they (used to) all wear hennaed hair and stand in one place, or walk back and forth looking at their watches.

NO baseball card stores--oh yeah--Dave's Dougout in Albany. Stuff there keeps getting newer and newer. Last time i was there, I was looking at one of those machines where you press a button and the thing slowly spins to show more cards; Dave was standing at another counter talking about --real estate?--with someone else. After a while, he said "Are you finished listening, Julie?" HE SHOULD LIVE SO LONG! I haven't been back since. Mainly because of the all-new stuff, though. But why should i go to a baseball card shop to listen to two guys talking real estate? Or maybe it was stocks--but i think real estate.
Anyway, sorry I appearerd to be eavesdropping. I DID buy a card there in January--a Diamond Star Bucky Harris.

(Didn't buy this at Dave's, but it's one of the newsest cards I have scanned.)