Thread: Vintage Racing?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 11:43 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansballcardblog View Post
I want to own just one card from this set, but it's not been on my radar, yet. Have you seen other recent sales that might be more accurate? Not following them, I'm not too surprised to see $356 (for a PWCC auction), but I may be off base.
A PSA 4 Petty that was part of a lot that also included cards of Mario Andretti, Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna sold for $270 a couple months ago at Love of the Game auctions. That sale probably puts the Petty card at more realistic $125-150 valuation, IMO.

http://loveofthegameauctions.com/PSA...-LOT20906.aspx

If you are just looking for a random card from the 1972 STP set, Buddy Baker and Elmo Langley are your best bet. That are, by far, the most common cards in the set and can be found in the $20-25 range if you keep your eye out on eBay. Don't pay $50+ for a Baker or Langley card that has been sitting on eBay for a while. Those two drivers do come up at cheaper prices on eBay fairly frequently. A couple Bakers even went for under $15 in recent months.

Last edited by Bored5000; 06-28-2020 at 03:20 PM.