View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 PM
Rich Klein

Default Read through the PSA posts

That is 10 minutes of my life I would like back

1) Jason probably meant well. His point was to sell cards to us, to raise money and time to help people physically and financially devasted by a recent natural disaster. The problem is, unless you work directly WITH an agency and let them do the selling, there is no way for "US" to get the tax writeoff.

2) He brought up that a 52 Mantle MIGHT be part of the raffle. Frankly, IMHO, the card either *IS* or *IS NOT* part of the raffle. I can understand why anyone is uncomfortable about making a $3K donation without really having a way to document on their taxes, Eventually, the agreement was this card should be part of the whole deal. We may not have gotten their the way we wanted to,,,, but we got the right ending.

3) I sent out a check for 3 packs and will probably send out another check for some more packages. To me, since I don't get the tax writeoff, this is a cool grab bag, nothing more nothing less and a nice way to get some new stuff to look at. Since I don't like the Topps "giveaway" this year, I'm buying very little at the retail stores -- much to the gless of the wife and MIL

4) Leon, next time stay strong with not letting most charitable things come on the board. I asked you, and respect the reasons I was turned down, for asking for items for my synagogue's yearly auction. (I can provide tax receipts immediately so its legit) and having done a turn as treasurer this year, when we have to raise money every years to keep the doors open, the job turned my hair an extreme shade of grey. (Still have about one week to accept items )

Regards
Rich