View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 01:23 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default 2019 Net54 Playoff Contest

Happy New Year to all! It’s that time of year for the 2019 Net54 Playoff Contest, but this year we’re going to do it a little differently. In the past, it was mostly for bragging rights, with a couple of our board members gracious enough to donate a trophy and a t-shirt to the winner. This year, we will have a cash prize and an opportunity to help a great charity at the same time. There will be a one-time $10 entry fee per person (not per round). You may play multiple times, it’s $10 per play. 50% of the pot will go to Safe Haven Furever Rescue, 50% will be divided among the winners (probably 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, but it depends on the number of participants).

50% - Safe Haven Furever Rescue
50% - Winners
100% Worth it!

So for example, if we get 100 participants, that's $1000 prize pool. $500 would go to Safe Haven Furever Rescue and the other $500 to the winners.

Here are the rules. You have until 1 hour before kickoff to post your picks. Please post to the thread, no PMs. Once you've made your picks, you are locked in. There are no changing picks. I'm sorry, but I just won't have time to go back through the thread looking for edits. If you make an honest mistake (say you pick the same team twice or fail to pick one of the games), just make a new post and I will see it. Other than that, no editing your picks.

All Wild Card games are worth 1 point
All Conference Semi-Finals are worth 2 points
Conference Finals are worth 3 points each
The Super Bowl is worth 5 points

In case of a tie, the tie-breaker will be the total combined points of the Super Bowl.

I’ve talked to Leon and have his blessing. I’ve ran the playoff contest before, but it was never for money. I want to make this as transparent as possible. If you have any ideas/suggestions, please share. I ask that the entry fee be paid with PayPal Friends, that way all the money goes to charity and to the winners. If you don’t like using PP Friends, regular PP is fine too, but please add the 3%. Everyone will get to see everyone else’s picks, they will be posted to this thread. Once we know the total number of participants and everyone has paid, the prize pot will be announced, and I’ll immediately make half the funds available to Safe Haven Furever Rescue. The other half will be divided among the winners after the Super Bowl. Please let me know if you have any questions (please post publically, no PMs).

My PayPal is djames623@hotmail.com

When paying, please be sure to add your Net54 username in the notes. I’ll keep the thread updated as to who has paid. Here is the first round lineup:

Saturday, January 5
Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans
Seattle Seahawks vs Dallas Cowboys

Sunday, January 6
Los Angeles Chargers vs Baltimore Ravens
Philadelphia Eagles vs Chicago Bears

If you've never participated before, here is a link to one of the past contests so you can see how it works...

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...hlight=playoff

CONFIRMED (Paid) PLAYERS
vintagetoppsguy
BeanTown
sb1
Peter Spaeth
TUM301
barrysloate
Cliff Bowman
Buythatcard
AndrewJerome
ibuysportsephemera
Nunzio11

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 01-05-2019 at 01:22 PM.