View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I concur about dealer/ board member Keith Javic.
Terrific guy & great booth! Keith is very friendly and has been a great resource in the past.

On Thursday afternoon I spent some time with him and his dad.
My favorite 2017 National pick came from his booth. I purchased an early vintage Spalding scorebook that once was the property of a Canadian couple that apparently scored every baseball game that they attended from 1913-1925. The scorebook contained a great sampling of Canadian International League games as well as 18 Detroit Tigers games (Ty Cobb era) from the time period of 1919-1923.

What really caught my eye was that the couple was fortunate enough to have been on hand on 4/30/22 when CWS hurler Charlie Robertson tossed a perfect game against the Ty Cobb led Tigers at Navin Field. This was the first time in baseball history that the phrase "Perfect Game" was used to describe a game where previously it was described as a "no-hit, no run game where nobody reached first base", which to me is historically significant for my no-hit collection.

Many thanks to Keith and his dad for picking this great addition to my collection at the Brimfield show. I'm proud to own it...
Stunning from a historical perspective and very poignant from a human perspective. It's great that something that obviously meant so much to this couple lives on and is appropriately appreciated.