View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Default Rarest/Scarcest T-Cards ??

Posted By: leon

I agree with you. The T216's with the scarcer Kotton back that only have "Never Go Out" on it are the scarcest, behind the Virginia Extra, and both are the thin stocked T216 varieties. What's interesting to me is that only in the last year has the Big Book SCD "tried" to get it correctly, and probably due to this board. There are 3 types of backs and they say, in the 2007 book, there are 2. Hey, but at least they are getting better in knowing what cards are on thin stock . I think Bob and the new gentleman read this board so maybe this pic will help them understand that there are actually 3 backs. This is another reason that if you only collect slabbed cards you would be at a disadvantage. Until last year the Big SCD had the info backwards, not just incorrect.....take care

edited to say that after re-reading the info in the big SCD it looks like they might have it right...but it's very confusing and I think they could have done a better job...I would classify them by their backs and not their fronts to make it more understandable....