Thread: Where do I go?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
If it is going to be a business make sure you have a business(tax) license and keep very good records of every card you buy and sell. It is a lot more work than most people think. After the first year when I was dealing cards I hired an accountant to do all the paper work. It is expensive but well worth it for me. Laws are different everywhere but where i live if you sell even 1 card you have to declare it as income even if you are not doing it as a business. I would guess at least 99% of people selling cards are doing it illegally.

One of the biggest tips I can give is use eBay to advertise, it is not for selling the majority of your stuff on the site.
I definitely have it as a business. I live in Massachusetts so I have been trying to keep up on everything.

You mean to list my cards on Ebay & use the links to send to everyone? Just making sure I understand what you mean by using Ebay to advertise.

I eventually want to buy a card shop. I am actually in the process of getting my state bar license to be a lawyer but I wanted to use this business dynamic to get kids involved in sports and the importance of taking care of rare items. A strange angle, I know.