Thread: T202 Grading
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2001, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Default T202 Grading

Posted By: Vognar Julie

That's card no. 7, Birmingham Gets to third. To me, it looked just that--ex-mint. well-centered, good color and register, a really tiny bit of dirt in the creases in the back--and some tiny mark on the back. Nice corners, but at least one showed slight wear.

But I have almost NEVER had any luck buying T202s, except in person. I once called a very reputable dealer in old cards, discussed a T202 for half an hour, and then he sent it to me--no bottom border! When I asked him about this lack, he said "We didn't discuss centering." YAAGH. There are So. MAny. THINGS that could go wrong. When buying them on E-Bay, I ALWAYS ask for a back scan if one isn't provided. And even then, I'm usually a little disappointed.

When I was selling them, I would offer a grade, and then discuss all the various things the buyer would want to know (centering, register, color, corners, condition of folds, extraneous marks. Then, for good measure, I'd add a catagory: Why not a grade higher?

I imagine yuor low grade has to do with the "slight miscut." I know a dealer who knocks down a whole grade for the SLIGHTEST "ski slope" effect--even if I haven't even noticed it.

Call SGC--what harm can it do?

I have 79. Got any duplicates? (I don't)

Julie Vognar