View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default 1952 BOWMAN FB (large cards) uncut sheet

Saved the best for last.....of all my BOWMAN sheets. It is my favorite sheet. The artwork & color is some of the best you will find in any post-WWII sportscards sets.

I acquired this sheet in 1982 at the Sports/Hobby shop in Media, Pennsylvania. This sheet represents the 1st series of the LARGE version (printed Fall-Winter of '52).
These 32 cards reflect BOWMAN's first attempt to compete with the very popular 1952 TOPPS BB cards. BOWMAN reprinted their smaller 1952 FB cards, which were
originally issued in early Fall of '52. With this larger version, Bowman increased the card size to 2 1/2 " x 3 3/4 ".
Football HOFer's featured on this sheet are.....Sammy Baugh, Paul Brown, Otto Graham, Charlie Justice, Y. A. Tittle, Charley Trippi, and Frank Gifford (rookie).

Since 1982, I have searched for another one of these sheets, to no avail. I guess, we can say this is a very unique piece of sportscard memorabilia.

<.................................................. .................................................. ..... 20 inches .................................................. ..................................................>

TED Z

T206 Reference