View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Patr1ck Mu111N5

I have been studying Fitzgerald for many years and can tell you, for certain, that he collected t206 cards. I have seen this stamp in some of his childhood books and the outer flap of envelopes (where people use wax to seal it shut). He left his baseball cards behind when he went to college. Throughout his life he moved around a lot, but the cards stayed at home. He got them back when his mother died in the late '30s which must have renewed interest in collecting because he bought some as an adult late in his life, while in California. They did go up for auction and Matthew Bruccoli was the underbidder on the lot.

I can't tell you if the cards pictured are his or not, but the stamps I've seen which ARE his look eerily similar, with an outline around the letter (most noticeably on the bottom). Even though there is no definitive proof that a particular card came from his collection, I would still love to pick-up a couple to add to my Fitzgerald items.

Happy to assist in any way I can. Hope this is OK to post here, but my site is feel free to contact me if you have some for sale or have any questions about Fitz.

Patrick

Last edited by MULLINS5; 07-07-2016 at 11:16 PM.