View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris999 View Post
Personally, he's an atrocious role model which I'm sure he doesn't care about. I also find it fascinating that the media is enthralled with him because of his defiance with not talking to, ironically enough, the media. He isn't doing anything novel and, if anything, he's acting like a complete moron for his faux defiance to not talking.

He makes millions of dollars and unless he's suffering from a Grienke-like social anxiety, which I doubt it, then he deserves no praise, sympathy or anything positive. If anything, while he's a great football player, he should be shown for the type of shallow individual that he is.

Just my take

Why do you think he's a shallow individual? Is it just because he doesn't talk to the media? Because he's made a few mistakes in his life, that he seems to be very self aware about?

It seems that most of the people who actually know him on a personal level, and the 1000's of kids he helps in his hometown of Oakland (on a one on one level, not as just a guy with a foundation that he funnels money into), have a different opinion of him then you do.

He may not have an Eisenreich or Grienke type anxiety disorder, but he's obviously not very comfortable talking about himself or having microphones put in front of his face.