View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanofjapan View Post
What gets me is that the quality of these are just so much higher than the regular Topps sets from those years.

Topps should have used these designs (maybe minus the big size) for its regular sets.
Quality of the images? Yes I would agree.

Quality control at Topps for these was lacking.
You would be lucky to pull two dozen PSA 9 quality cards from an entire box of these.
They were very tightly wrapped packs in cellophane wrappers. The corners often get pinched and the edges are often dinged. Something they must do while packaging these.
If the top card has an edge ding you can expect most or all will have it too in that pack.
The top and bottom couple of cards are usually garbage. The 3 cards in the center of the pack are best bet for MINT.
Lastly; there is similar collation in these packs. So if a HOF'er is the top card (garbage) then in that box the same card is more likely to show up on top again at some point in the rip.

All this said; the gloss is off the charts, the color is stunning and the 56T layout is genius. I love the larger card size. More to see and still retain the rich white borders which I like.

If you've ever contemplated a graded set, I would grab the PSA 9's and 10's that are on eBay now. Getting those grades will become tougher.
Nice raw sets in a binder look great as well.

A little more eye candy.
RayB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 049Jackson10.jpg (163.2 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 074Larkin10.jpg (158.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 191Gibson10.jpg (153.8 KB, 124 views)