View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
As great as REA is, the one feedback I've given them before is the $100 increments between $500 and $1,000 are high. Granted, most of their items sell for well in excess of this range, but if you are contemplating a bid on something currently at $500, you have to go up by 20% to $600. Other auctions would either use the 10% or $50 increment in this range, which makes the $100 a big jump.
Scott, I agree with you, but what peeves me more is not being able to place a max bid one level above my current bid. Taking your example of an REA item currently sitting at $500, I can't enter a max bid of $700, which would also give me a next-increment bid of $600. My choices are to enter a next-increment bid of $600 OR a max bid of $800 (which will also give me the next-increment bid of $600). Assuming $700 is the most I am willing to pay for the item, the only way I can get to $700 is to wait until someone else bids $600 and then hope I become aware of this before someone else jumps in and bids $700. I believe there are other auction houses that have a max bidding process like REA's, but there are also several auction houses that don't. I hope I explained this clearly enough to get across what I am trying to say.
Val