View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Lee Hen.ebry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I was thinking about making the trip down to the Show at the Fairgrounds in Raleigh this weekend.I know we have a lot of members from North Carolina and was hoping to get a feel for what the shows there are like.Anyone every been or planning to go?Thank You for any feedback.Jason
I have been and there is a fair amount of pre-war offered. I don't know if they still have it (maybe not in winter, anyway), but they usually have a flea market outside at the same time that often has some interesting stuff. Anyway, from what I remember, you can expect 5 or so dealers to have a pretty good selection of pre-war (mostly t206) and then a few dealers here or there that have small stashes of pre-war. Last time I was there I picked up a t206 Cobb Bat on in good condition for $400 and a handful of other t206's at decent prices. If you are expectecting anything much rarer than t206 in pre-war, you will probably not find it at this show. Larrie Dean usually sets up at this show and has many pretty nice t206's for sale at reasonable prices.

There are usually a good amount of autograph dealers at this show and even an autograph guest sometimes, so if you are looking for something like that, this show should be right up your alley. Also, post-war is more abundant at this show than pre-war (as is at most shows); if you like 1950-1970 cards, there are quite a few of dealers.

Lee

Last edited by tinkertoeverstochance; 12-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.