View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 07:40 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
Not that it matters to me, but sorry, that doesn't make sense. It's your list and you can make whatever rules you want but you researched and determined that 1926-29 Exhibits could not have been issued until 1929 based on uniforms (I haven't heard anything regarding any of the N54 experts agreeing).

Rhett (and two others) did research and determined that the W560's could not have been produced until at least 1929. Not trying to cause trouble, but when Rhett speaks I listen.

Not blaming you, but this is a perfect example of why many collectors don't want to get involved in pre-war HOF RC collecting.

I guess I'd have to make my own list to get this right (lol). Both cards should be listed as acceptable RC's based on what I'm hearing. Understand this doesn't affect my personal collection since I have both cards for both players. I'd just like to get the list as consistent and accurate as possible.

No hunger strike threat this time!

Thanks for listening.
I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. Things like this are just one more reason we need a list of "latest acceptable rookie cards" to go with these lists.. We've gotta somehow set an industry standard as to what is an acceptable rookie, within reason. That way people aren't running around claiming that 1948 Bowman is Rizzuto's rookie, and '34 Goudey is Ruth and Gehrig's, along with other various ridiculous claims based on loose standards and Beckett..