View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 03:37 PM
Brian

Eventually CC gets it... His career isn't quite over yet. If the Yankees do something (win the Series) this year he might get some extra-credit there to go with 250+ wins.

He's not a dominator like Halladay was... Kershaw would get in if he had to retire now because of his health.

He's likely to be one of the last 250+ winners we see for a while (Verlander probably?) ... nice career, consistent.... Not a pure compiler (Jamie Moyer or Quinn from way back in the 1900-30s) but not as big a winner as Mussina or Hunter. No negatives for PEDs that I'm aware of like Pettite. Pretty much a model citizen if I remember right so no "character issues" (Schilling).

I do think Luis Tiant was better .... but different eras. I hope he gets in. Same with Tommy John who is also a bit of a "compiler" but with a great comeback story.

Anyway, the recent inductions of Smith and Baines suggest that the Hall doors will are wide open even if the writers don't let CC in within the initial run... I think that the writers will but not until they make him wait for a while.