View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Matt

Good buys on both but the vintage market has skyrocketed since the 90s. People buying quality gamers in the early 90s would make a fortune if they held on to them and sold now . I'll buy the mays if you want to make a nice profit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Looking at Goldins current auction, as an example, I am amazed at what Judge, Trout, etc. bats are fetching. They’re good bats, with good provenance, but the prices seem crazy. Judge may or may not be a HOFer. Trout most likely is.

Still, I bought an early SF Bonds bat, years ago, for $350. Yes, steroids, but also the all-time single season and career HR leader. In the 1990s, I got a legit early 1960s Mays gamer for $2500.

Is it just me or are the current prices crazy? Another reason I think people are overpaying is because, unlike the days of Mays, game used bats are now purposely kept and “sent to market.” A lot of Willie’s bats ended up in the Candlestick Park dumpster.

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/