View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default This has to be a FIRST!!! (OT)

Posted By: john/z28jd

Actually Hal,Mets dont really have a money problem as far as how much they have to spend,their problem is bad contracts,except Trachsel who is just hurt. They were trying to sign Delgado at the beginning of the year and from what i heard they gave him the highest offer,he just didnt want to play in NY. They settled for Doug Men-kay-vich(warning Simpsons reference:spelled out pho-net-ic-ly) for only 2 million.They can afford Ramirez its just a matter of trading away the farm to get him.

Omar Minaya is a good GM put into a bad spot otherwise i think he couldve done alot more with 100 mil and youll probably see that once Piazza and Glavine are gone this offseason.Meanwhile the other side of NY tries to make you feel bad for them by saying theyve had pitching injuries all year so theyre piecing together a pitching staff.Kevin Brown and Jaret Wright dont count as injured pitchers because theyre more valuable on the DL.Pavano was a below .500 pitcher before 1 good season last year and under NY pressure you couldnt expect him to repeat his one good season(hes at 4-6 4.77 in his 17 starts) and the other pitcher injured wasnt supposed to see the majors this year.Big friggin deal,they have their 2 best pitchers still, over 100 million in offense,and 2 relievers that every other team would trade for.Boo hoo!

I heard someone on the radio saying Joe Torre is having his best year as a manager this year because of the starters.What! are they serious.Heres a tough job.Let me write Jeter,Arod,Matsui,Sheffield,Posada in the lineup everyday, Johnson and Mussina start every 5 days,8th inning Gordon,9th Rivera.... I dont think id be called a genius if i have a record of 54-47 at this point even if my other players made Mario Mendoza look like an all-star