View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Rob

Default Nice little estate sale find

Hit an estate sale this morning, got a nice big box of hockey cards cheap, and picked up an old baseball scrapbook. Inside the scrapbook were 21 of what appear to be 1961, and I'm guessing 1962 St. Louis Cardinal photos including Musial, Gibson, Boyer, etc. They are in about VG with some maybe EX but still very cool. Also inside were some envelopes the owner had received from the Pittsburgh Pirates and Baltimore Orioles. I'm guessing he did as I did and wrote into teams as a kid. The Pirates return envelope included a 1962 Pirates Brookline Bank pocket type schedule in like new condition, like it has been in the envelope all these years. The Orioles envelope included a 1962 Orioles logo decal, also like new. And finally, a complete Aug. 18, 1961 LIFE magazine featuring Mantle and Maris on the cover in good condition. Pretty cool stuff. Sorry no pics, I am currently a photo bucket refugee until I get my stuff on another site. Just sharing, but iff you have interest in something or need pics just lmk.