View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks for your public service G. W. Bush (OT) 2.5

Posted By: Frank

"Thanks for the deaths of over 4000 American soldiers in a war that virtually no other president would have started."

You might be right, thus the deaths of over 3000 American citizens because the liberals under Clinton didn't do anything to prevent it. What was done after the USS Cole was attacked? Nothing, we just stood back and waited for the planning of 9/11. Bush had to deal with what crap was handed to him. The planning of 9/11 was well under way before Bush took office. These 4000 American soldiers and countless other foreign soldiers gave their life so that you have the right to play arm-chair quarterback on what you feel is best for all America. I suppose you would have turned the other cheek? Say what you want, but my kids have been able to sleep a little better since then knowing that Bush was willing to do whatever was necessary to protect the American people. I didn't agree with everything under his term, but I think he had the American people in mind and was doing what he thought was best at the time.
As far as GITMO goes, the people in that facility aren't innocent victims. They were put there to protect other people from becoming a casualty. I for one, still serving after 18 years of active service felt relieved that some of the more dangerous people were in GITMO, that way that was one less person that I had to deal with. If you have never been to the middle east, you have no idea of their thought process. These islamic terrorist/extremist could care less about yours or my rights.