Thread: T210 Oddity?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieBaseball View Post
I suspect the T206 goes for more money because there are more T206 collectors !? It can't be that T206 is more rare than T210... With all the scrap, blank, and miscut backs found in T206, one would think that a card where there is only 3 known to exist, would demand much more?

So, let me ask the T206 guys this... Do we have many documented T206 players that are found only in Piedmont 150, but an example of the same player exist in Piedmont 350? (May be a bad example, but I want to ascertain the rarity of a T206 with the wrong series back. This one has the wrong series and being the 2nd card from series 8 found with a series 3 back, it has to be a part of the "wrong sheet" printing effects or scrap as you said...
Yes, T206 major errors go for more because there's more demand.

And I believe the answer to both the second and third questions is YES! Schulte front view was a 150 only until a couple years ago when a single Piedmont 350 was found.
I'd posted a thread about the possibility of wrong backs in T206 not much before it was discovered.
I Consider it to be a wrong back. There should be others, I occasionally look for cards with differences between series where there might be a front that's usually a 150 but with a 350 back. Or 350 with 350/460.

If someone is tracking errors on T210, they can add this one.

Not a great scan, but roughly half of the glosscoat didn't get printed.

Steve B